Davis Consulting Limited are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients. We will ensure that the information you submit to us is only used for the purposes set out in this Data Privacy Notice.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) from 25 May 2018. The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018.
Who controls your personal data?
• Davis Consulting Limited is the Data Controller and is a company registered in the UK: Company Number 06948139
• The Data Controller’s data protection representative is the Legal Director
• You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Davis Consulting Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Certificate Number ZA372486
What is personal data?
Personal data is data that can identify you as a living individual. General personal data is information such as name and address. There is also sensitive personal data however we do not store or process this category of data within our business practice.
Who we are, what we do and how we get your data?
Davis Consulting Limited is a building surveying practice and provides consultancy services. We collect the personal data from the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
• Supplier contacts to support our services
• Employees, consultants, and contractors
You may have enquired directly to us or we may have been provided with your details via a direct online enquiry from the website www.localsurveyorsdirect.co.uk
The data we collect and how we use it
Personal data we collect or receive includes the following as applicable:
• Land Registry Title Deeds and Plans
• Email and other contact details
How we will use your personal data
Processing of your personal information may include:
• For the purposes of backing up information on our computer systems and stored on a personal encrypted server
Entering into a contract with you
In order to provide our surveying practice and consultancy, we may enter into a contract with you. In order to enter into a contract, we will need certain information, for example your name and address.
Compliance with legal obligations (regulatory and statutory obligations)
We are required to comply with statutory and regulatory obligations relating to business generally, for example complying with tax, bribery, fraud/crime prevention and data protection legislation, and co-operating with regulatory authorities such as HMRC or the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Consent to our processing of your data
You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we may continue to retain, or otherwise use your personal information thereafter where we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so. Withdrawal of consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Data Security and Confidentiality
It is our policy to ensure, in so far as is reasonably practicable, that our systems and records are secure and not accessible to unauthorised third parties in line with contemporary practice.
Retaining your data
In most circumstances your data will not be retained for more than 6 years from the last point at which we provided any services or otherwise engaged with you and it is our policy to only store your personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations and for our legitimate business interests.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is regularly reviewed and may be updated from time to time to reflect changes in our business, or legal or commercial practice.
We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and it is important that you know your rights within that context, which include rights to:
• Request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data for a particular purpose at any stage. However, please note that we
may continue to retain your personal information thereafter where we have a legal or contractual obligation to do so.
• Request inaccurate or incomplete data is rectified. We will respond to such a request within 1 month.
• Make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk
If you have any enquires you can contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at PO Box 594, Tonbridge, TN9 9PA.